EPA CERTIFIED LEAD PAINT RENOVATORS
Before the 1970s, household paint often contained lead. As lead paint ages, it can chip or crumble into dust. Exposure to lead-paint dust or chips can cause serious health problems. Children and pregnant women are at higher risk. So, if you live in or own an older home, you need to know how to protect yourself and others.
There are many ways to reduce the hazards of lead-based paint - but SOME METHODS OF REMOVING PAINT ACTUALLY INCREASE THE RISK OF LEAD EXPOSURE. It's important to pick the safest method for your project; the goal is to reduce the hazards while creating as little lead dust as possible.
If lead paint on ceilings and walls is in good repair, then painting them or covering them with wallpaper may be all that is needed to keep the lead paint in place.
BUT - if lead paint is chipping or peeling, or if it's on a surface such as a windowsill or stair rail where children can chew on it, then the lead paint (or the painted material) should be removed or covered. Painted surfaces that rub on each other, such as doors and windows, require special attention to stop the friction. And if the paint has been damaged by other problems, such as water damage due to leaks, then the underlying problem should be fixed first.
It is possible to do much of this work yourself. However, you may prefer to have Unique Properties perform this dangerous and detailed job. We are EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) certified lead paint renovators. The purpose of an EPA Certification, according to the EPA:
These regulations protect the public from hazards of improperly conducted lead-based paint activities. They contain several elements, including:
Give us a call, and we will do a no cost consultation. If there seems to be a potential problem, we can do a low cost assessment to determine whether lead is present and the extent of the problem. If renovation is required, we will provide you with multiple options and a detailed quote prior to beginning the work.