When considering a kitchen remodel or room addition, being organized will pay off big!!
Most people enjoy being organized. I myself, feel that I am quite organized but can still become overwhelmed or too relaxed about my personal organizational rules. So, no matter who you are, the fact is, we can all improve.
If you are already an organizational super star, then I’m sure you love seeing what other people do, because it only enhances your own experience and practices.
Since I love bringing joy to your life in any way possible, I’m going to give you a list of ways to keep organized so you can not only enjoy the home you worked so hard to create, but also your life. So basically, there’s something here for everyone.
So sit back and read through these ideas with relaxed eyes. There’s no right or wrong method, just the ones that work well for you.
Here you go!
- Start with an easy and workable to-do list. Many people fall head over heels for the latest apps and gadgets. But I have found that so many people do much better with a simple sticky note or day planner list. It doesn’t mean you’re lazy or unintelligent. All these different tools can leave you spending much more time trying to organize or consolidate your list, leaving many of your items undone.
- Keep it in 3’s. I remember seeing a Tony Robbins talk about being overwhelmed with too many things to do. But many times though our list has 10 things on it, it’s likely they can be grouped into 3 (or 4) groups. Home, family & work. That’s the first step. Once your list is organized into categories, you may find that you can narrow it down even further to your top 3 priorities and then another list of 3 secondary things to do. At the end of the day – you’ll likely get 6 things done! But at the very least, you’ll get the most important things done first – leaving you feel accomplished and at peace with your performance.
- Keep a capture pad. Paper, phone, moleskin, iPad… whatever. little things you remember, ideas & responsibilities should all go to one place. You can reference this list at the end of the day an organize them accordingly.
- On that note – Organize your capture pad. I know you have a lot going on, because you are a busy, smart and creative individual. That capture pad is able to keep you from forgetting the important tasks and ideas that pop into your head. At the end of the day place tasks on to your categorized to-do list and ideas either into your work planner or artistic/idea outlet space. …which brings me to another point-
- Keep it separated. I highly highly highly recommend having a different binders for each major part of your life. Keep a shelf for them to live on and label their spines with titles like, home, family, work & creative. Those folders can have tab separators within your family folder, you can have a section for your partner and each child. In the home folder, you can have sections for utilities, repairs and even cars. Get the idea? Additionally, you can even take it further and keep a plastic pocket in each to hold receipts and invoices for an easier tax season at the end of the year.
- Always do one thing at a time.
- Start now.
- It’s ok to say no.
- ALWAYS create space and time in your home and day to pause and love on yourself. Not to sound silly at all, but when life gets crazy, it’s easy to be hard on ourselves and forget how incredible we’re doing. Organizing life on so many levels is hard and tiring. Sit and quietly get connected. Know you are loved and be proud of what you are accomplishing.
- Remember, YOU are in control. Only you can take these steps. Life is yours for the taking and living.
Remember, whatever we at Unique Home can do to make your home more beautiful and relaxing is why we do what we do. So let us know!
by: Navae Fiona