The Best Time To Add Rooms to Your Home Is Right Now!
|See more Dallas room additions in our website’s gallery
Are you thinking of building an addition when you remodel your Dallas home?
Perhaps your kids are getting bigger and need their own room and/or bathroom. Maybe Grandma is coming to stay for a while…(could even be more than a while). Or maybe you have always wanted a play room for your kids or utility room or home office or home theater. Now you are ready to get serious in making this dream happen. What will it cost? How long will it take? What part of the dream is reality and what part might need to happen in stages? Is this a good time to borrow?
21 Ways You Can Add a Room that Everyone Will Rave About
You might already know exactly what the next room in the house should be. But it will be less costly, less hassle, and better all around to do multiple new rooms and any remodeling at the same time, than to do it piecemeal. So, lets do some brainstorming. And if I left out any great ideas, please add yours in the comments.
- Teenagers private bedroom – Can you imagine the possibilities? Hidden closets, media centers, fully wired in, any color paint they want, storage for sports equipment. Go CRAZY!
- Pantry – Cut down on trips to the market. A 5 X 8 pantry with a freezer will allow you to stock up for the next natural disaster. Make it bigger and include a sink and work station. WOW!
- Office – For some this is the best room in the house. Who would use the office. Design it 100% to their taste. Music, internet, game table, lighting systems. Say, “My Space.”
- Another office – Maybe you both need an office. His and Hers.
- Home Theater – 72″ 3D Wall Mounted Screen with Surround Sound, fully wifi, Game systems, Apple TV control unit, theater seats, special lighting & acoustics, soundproof. Nice!
- Game Room – Just a matter of how big you can make it. Pool, Ping Pong, Air Hockey, Darts, bowling alley, indestructible furniture, game consoles, arcade games, Card tables. Ready, set.
- Pool Room – You think this is just for the really wealthy? Why should it be? Why limit your pool enjoyment to the summer months? Marco Polo anyone?
- Spa – Okay. Can’t go for the full pool? You cedar or Spanish tile spa could have over sized tub with jacuzzi jets, full jacuzzi, fancy shower heads, steam/sauna generator, music, and more.
- Pool House – You’ve got a pool. How about a pool house for guest to change and shower. No more wet feet on your new rugs. Also store pool equipment and toys. Add a 5 X 5 steam room.
- Grandma’s room – Or it could be grandpa or both. Maybe it is your aging son who hasn’t launched yet. Add a bathroom and a private entry. Your choice if you charge rent.
- Art center – Is someone in the house an arts and/or crafts person. You can bet they would love to have a place to set up, spread out, organize and store supplies. Scrapbooking maybe?
- Music studio – Not so much into art? Your gift is music. Today you can set up a really nice professional studio for very little money. Soundproof, pre-wired. Hit Play!
- Video production room – YouTube is making folks rich. Hard to create the very best stuff without the lighting, green screens, and acoustics under control. Lights, action ….
- Indoor gardening center – This room might pay for itself. Save big bucks and enjoy fresh produce year round. Use the room to store equipment for the outside gardening too.
- Laundry room – Tired of trying to turn around in the current laundry hallway or in front of the cars? Everything at your fingertips in a 6 X 8 laundry room. Add TV. Kids might even help.
- Workshop – No basement and no room in the garage to really build stuff? Create this room from the ground up with places for every tool, and plenty of room to work.
- Vanity – Maybe there isn’t room in your master bedroom to create a master bath suite. Create a new room for all the ladies in the house to pamper themselves.
- Another bathroom – But this time it isn’t just for guests. Luxury tub and showers. Full environmental cabinet or just a steam shower. Maybe a bidet’. Oui Oui
- Toy room – If you have or plan to have kids under 12, the toy box is or will be running over.
|The Toy Room as a Room Addition
There is no room in the room for the kid. Set up a room for the toys with lots of storage.
- Homeschool classroom – If you homeschool, you don’t want to have to put it all away every day and you don’t want to leave it out all the time. Set this room up once like a classroom.
- Maids quarters – Could also serve for a nurse as needed, room for foreign exchange students, guest room, or boomerang room for returning adult child. Room and a bath.
Undoubtedly given a few more hours there could be a longer list. Anything up there look like something you’d love to have at your place? Do you have suggestions to add in the comments?
Why Is 2013 the Perfect Time to Get This Done?
Two big reasons. Interest rates are at historic lows. And most Dallas buildering Contractors are not crazy busy yet. The only reason the builders are still not overwhelmed is the lack of available places to build custom homes. This is a window of opportunity to call Unique Properties and let us help you with one of the above ideas, a kitchen or bath remodel, or even a complete tear down and dream home build.
Unique Properties will be more than happy to come out and sit down with you for a free consultation. We will listen to your vision, sketch out ideas, help you plan a realistic budget, and give you estimates on the time it will take to complete the job. We are highly experienced and love our craft. Our goal is to build your dream, and make it better than you expected. We are committed to staying within budget and finishing our projects on time.
Please don’t hesitate to ask for our references. We can give you reliable references that will share what we have done for their Dallas room addition