For Mother’s Day this year, why not go all out and give mom what she really wants; her dream Home. Don’t let that idea overwhelm you. These things are easier to do than you may think, especially with the contractors at Unique Home Building! We know people’s needs land all over the place on the spectrum and yours are unique like you and your mom!
Does this mean you have to knock down your whole house and start over? (No, though you still may want to and we won’t stop you!) However, giving mom her dream home could be as simple as knocking down a wall to expand into a more welcoming space, adding windows for light, or even an extra floor or room. You have endless options, so why not explore them and see what would be good for her?
Not all mom’s are the same and nor do they want the same things. But I think it’s safe to categorize a few ‘mom’ needs below to help us get some ideas flowing!
What do you think? Does that cover it for the most part? Let’s look at each idea further and see how we could make a better home for mom with those topics in mind.
Moms like it clean. Even the ones that don’t mind the mess like it clean. No matter how much the rest of the family helps out, mom is the ultimate judge of ‘clean’ and that’s fine. So, let’s make it easier on everyone. What can we do for this?
- add a laundry room with built-ins that feels fresh and breezy
- add kitchen organization and better cabinets
- add closet organization to bigger closets
- clean out garage and organize the storage to be easily found and added to
Who doesn’t like to feel inspired? Well, usually, only the ones that haven’t been inspired so long, they don’t know what to do with it. Mom’s, like everyone, need an expressive and inspirational outlet. This is an easy one to do and she’ll be so happy you did it!
- convert a room/garage into a crafting room for art, music, scrap booking, photography…
- add a window seat or reading nook for the avid reader. (really make it great and add a special space just for her coffee or tea)
- Build her a sauna. This will be good for her nerves, her skin and over all health. BIG WIN.
- Add a deck to the backyard to house a hot tub with an arbor above for vines to wrap themselves around.
- Do both of those things. Can you imagine going to the sauna and then the hot tub? That would be one happy woman.
- Add a body space, like an exercise room or yoga studio
- Make a space for raised gardening beds in the back or front yard
- Ride a bike – You could do a lot with this one. One bigger idea is to place a stationary bike stand for your conventional bike, into the exercise room, with a fan and a flat screen set up. This is a bit complex, but great for those really hot days where it’s just too hot outside to do what she’s love to do.