Spring is coming faster than we can keep up with and we wanted to make sure you weren’t swept off your feet in the midst of all the cleaning!
A beautiful home starts with quality home care. At Unique Home Building, we work with families all the time to create and build a better home. But without the home care, the home just isn’t a home.
To make sure you’re home is ready for Spring, use this list and keep it simple for yourself!
- Clean gutters and downspouts and make sure they are directing water away from the house.
- Cut back tree limbs and shrubs growing within five feet of the house or that are brushing up against the roof. You will create better ventilation, help dry out surfaces and prevent possible damage.
- Check for and repair cracks in driveway/sidewalk. Spring is the best time to seal cracks in the driveway or any other concrete.
- Pressure wash your deck/patio and bring outdoor furniture out of storage. Make sure to wipe down each piece thoroughly prior to placing on a freshly-washed surface.
- Check garden hoses for dry rot and inspect hose faucets for possible freeze damage that may have occurred during the winter months.
- Clean/condition your outdoor grill by first rinsing all outside surfaces with water. If grease has loosened on the grill grates and inside of the grill, wipe off using grill cleaner and paper towels. Follow by washing with a mild detergent and water. Rinse well and wipe dry.
- Check for possible damage to the roof. Look for missing, cracked or broken shingles and make note of any needed repairs. For safety reasons, you may want to consider hiring a qualified professional to take care of any repair work that needs to be done.
Try not to be intimidated by the list. Simply do one thing at a time and get people to help you! Unique Home Building, has certified and trained contractors that are more than ready to help, so be sure to call!