A Remodeled Bathroom Can Increase The Value of Your Home Dramatically.
In our dreams we want new home that is bigger than the one we have, and with all of the bells and whistles. In reality financial restraints keep us from the dream. However, there is no reason to keep our current home unlivable. We need to hang onto our current home and make improvements.
With some simple remodeling and relatively few dollars, we can increase the value of our home and enjoy it more. Getting ready for your day in a modern bathroom can just make your entire day better.
Remodeling a bathroom can make our home not only more valuable should we ever sell, but increases the value it has for us as we are living in it. Did you know that a remodeled bathroom could return 80-90% of your investment at resale? Here are a few tips to make sure that you are not flushing money down the toilet with your bathroom remodel.
Hire a contractor who specializes in bathrooms
- Make sure they are licensed and insured.
- Ask for references.
- Ask for their ideas for the remodel, as they do this all the time.
- Make sure they know what you want out of the remodel.
- Confirm who will be doing the actually work.
- Are they skilled at their craft?
- Find out how long the job will take.
- Will they take care of all of the permits?
Find out where your current plumbing and electrical are
You can save a lot of money by working with your existing plumbing and electrical.
Rerouting these can be expensive.
Think through what you really need
- Do you need a tub or just a shower?
- Will a pedestal sink work or do you need counter space?
- Where do shower handles need to go so you are not getting wet when you turn them on?
- Where and how do you want the door to swing open?
- Is it awkward or does it bump into other doors?
- Do you want tile or stone?
- How many people will be using this bathroom?
- Is it just for guests or will it be getting lots of everyday use?
- Do you have the space and money to expand the bathroom or just remodel?
- If there is not a window can you put in a skylight?
- Could you add a half bath created from a closet or space under stairs?
- Good lighting can make a room look and feel bigger.
- What kind and where will you put your lighting?
|If you are looking for a contractor for your remodel in Dallas TX check out Unique Properties. Unique Properties will sit down with you from the beginning of the project, and take you through the process step-by-step. Because they have years of experience, they have compiled check lists of approaches and ideas for your bathroom remodel.|