The temperatures are warming up all over right now and people everywhere are opening up doors and windows to make room for the fresh air and light floral smells. But it’s not that simple is it? Spring rolls in and you realize how much of winter has been accumulating; from the dust to growing piles of things you’re ready to get rid of. Where do you start? You want to dive into a full blown spring cleaning but how do you get it all done without burning out? These simple tips are just what you need to make sure you spring cleaning doesn’t sweep you clean of all your energy.
At Unique Home Building, we work with families all the time to create and build a better home, which means we have to know what it takes to keep clean and beautiful too, in less time. After all, we’ve got building to do and you’ve got a life to get back to. So here are just a few simple and efficient tips to make spring cleaning fast, easy and a beautiful face lift for the incredible new season.
- Fall and winter debris tends to collect and build in the worst places, so you want to make sure your gutters and downspouts are cleaned out and directing water away from the house for the next bouts of rain sure to return before summer.
- Spring showers can be strong and cause damage. Cut back tree limbs and shrubs growing within five feet of the house or that are brushing up against the roof. You will create better ventilation, help dry out surfaces and prevent possible damage.
- Don’t forget the pathways. Check for and repair cracks in driveway/sidewalk. Spring is the best time to seal cracks in the driveway or any other concrete.
- Don’t let mud and other debris add up. If you do, and it gets rained on you’ll be asking for slippery ground. Pressure wash your deck/patio and bring outdoor furniture out of storage. Make sure to wipe down each piece thoroughly prior to placing on a freshly-washed surface.
- Even your cleaning tools needs to cared for. Check garden hoses for dry rot and inspect hose faucets for possible freeze damage that may have occurred during the winter months.
- Don’t get caught unprepared for the first day you’re craving bbq! Clean/condition your outdoor grill by first rinsing all outside surfaces with water. If grease has loosened on the grill grates and inside of the grill, wipe off using grill cleaner and paper towels. Follow by washing with a mild detergent and water. Rinse well and wipe dry.
- This is the best time to check for possible damage to the roof as spring and summer is the best time to make repairs. Look for missing, cracked or broken shingles and make note of any needed repairs. For safety reasons, you may want to consider hiring a qualified professional to take care of any repair work that needs to be done.
Sure, it’s a longer list, but one thing can be focused on every few days, and you’ll have it done in no time. And of course, if you’re looking for more ways to improve and beautify your home, contact us at Unique Home Building. We have certified and trained contractors that are more than ready to help, so be sure to call!